Thursday, October 30, 2008
CleanTech Opportunities Offer Inflection Point For American Economic Turnaround
M.R.Rangaswami at Earth2Tech outlines 3 opportunities to set America on a new path.
The resolution of the presidential election next week will be an opportunity for a fresh start.
1. Rebuild the national grid
2. Stimulate the Green Economy
3. Move to a sustainable economy
America is at a Tipping Point and here are my 6 points (with some government incentives).
1. Reduce our dependence on oil..oil supply is finite. Solar and wind are free and supply is infinite.
2. Utilize our own natural resources (offshore drilling, ANWR) that buys us time (and lowers prices) until renewable energy becomes grid parity or competes with coal.
3. Reduce money going to oil producing countries (terrorist nations) and keep the money within our country (massive trade deficit reduction)..higher GDP,
4. Create millions of jobs (some that include manufacturing)
5. Allow people to be producers of energy in addition to consumers of it (HUGE transformation)..imagine the income change when Joe Consumer can sell power back to the grid while he's working at his job
6. Renewable energy technologies can be licensed to other countries...instead of buying oil, we can sell our own "oil" to other countries.
7. Profits generated by renewable energy companies (instead of foreign countries) can be put back into R&D and the economy.....the money stays here in the U.S.
The Land of Eco-Opportunity