Monday, July 23, 2007

Dial "DIR-ECT-IONS" 347-328-4667 For Mobile Directions


Turn your cellphone into a free GPS.

Want directions but don't have GPS service?

Now mobile phone users in San Francisco, New York City and Los Angeles can dial DIRECTIONS (347-328-4667), say where you are and where you're going.

Dial Directions sends a text message with driving directions supplied through MapQuest.
The service is free but includes an ad at the end of the text message.

Dial Directions

The next services I see is a link to the MapQuest map included in the text message.

Relevant ads (based on location) should be included in the direction text.

3 comments:

Erling said...

Hi Scott

Interesting article, have you tried the service? I am based in France so I haven't tried it for myself.

I noticed the lady in the cartoon is sat in a car while using her mobile phone. She perhaps isn't be actually driving but still not great marketing, it could backfire (excuse the pun!)

Best regards

Erling

dayoo_kun said...

dude, this is a wonderful tool.

pate said...

I used to use Dial Directions regularly. Now, when I call it, I am told that I cannot be connected as dialed. Has something happened to Dial Directions. I have called on other people's phones, same thing.