Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Buy Lottery Tickets With SMS With WagerPhone

I looked into this application a couple years ago but State laws wouldn't allow it. If this is legit, this could be a one of the biggest moneymakers for the text message space.

How many times has your lottery rolled over to $30m, $50m etc and you felt like buying 5 lottery tickets just because. When you saw the lines at the ticket counter you felt it wasn't worth the wait.

Wait no more, buy lottery tickets via SMS with WagerPhone

New Wave Mobile is pleased to announce its 100% acquisition of WagerPhone.

WP is focused on providing National and State lotteries with the ability to extend their services. WP solutions will provide consumers with a number of convenient and non-time-consuming methods to purchase lottery tickets, scratch cards and more through the utilization of extensible channels of sales and distribution:

SMS solutions enable people to purchase lottery tickets and play their favorite numbers games via Text Message anytime anywhere.

If WagerPhone charged $1 every time you purchased tickets would you use it?

How much bigger could the PowerBall lottery be if this was allowed?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absurd as the carriers would take a huge bite.

Anonymous said...

This is insane because the government stands to make a lot of money off of this, while they just banned internet gambling. Talk about setting up a monopoly for yourself...

Anonymous said...

I have been following this company over the past couple months and there seems to be a lot of positive buzz about them in the mobile gaming space.
As per the comment regarding the carriers, although I agree with the fact that carriers would usually want a huge cut, working with the governments may provide some leverage to reduce their costs. Maybe there is a way to completely bypass the carriers. It will be interesting to see.
As per the comment regarding governments making tons of money, I couldn’t agree more. From what I understand governments currently outsource land based lottery operations to companies, so outsourcing alternative ticket sales to a separate company is seems to be perfectly feasible. I also agree that it is perfect time for a company like this to make it's mark because it would help governments combat illegal forms of gaming.

Anonymous said...

Well? When is all this supposed to start?

Looks to me like this company is run by a bumbling idiot.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I'll buy it right now.. My only goal is buy lottery tickets and win amazing prizes!! Have Fun...

usa lottery tickets online said...

I’m impressed!! Really informative blog post here my friend. I just wanted to comment & say keep up the quality work. I’ve bookmarked your blog just now and I’ll be back to read more in the future my friend! Also nice colors on the layout, it’s really easy on the eyes.