Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Location Based Reminders Attached To Physical Locations

From My Symbian Geominder for Series 60

Geominder by Ludimate allows you to create location-based reminders that stay attached to physical locations.

When arriving at a marked location, Geominder can play an alarm and display a stored text note or a voice note previously associated to the location.

Geominder uses mobile network's cell id information and doesn't require an extra GPS device.

A location-based reminder can be much more convenient than standard time-based reminders - for example:

"When I arrive at the office, remind me to review next week's schedule"

"When I pass supermarket, remind me to buy vegetables"

"At home remind me to call Dave

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure I like this appoach. I would rather exercise my brain
then my fingers---but then maybe
this is a way to get rid of all those "darn" POST-IT's.
Sorry 3M

No Name said...

Post-It's are great for ideas/items..but GeoMinder adds the location factor to it.