From WebitPr GetMeThere launches pay-as-you-go mobile satellite navigation
My first thoughts, "what happens to Garmin and others?" and the recurring revenues will be enormous for companies that provide location based services.
Imagine what happens when you combine mobile marketing with your location.
GetMeThere.co.uk, a joint venture between Toyota GB and IS Solutions Plc., today sees the launch of TARA Mobile SatNav the first Pay-as-you-go Satellite Navigation solution for mobile and smart phone users in the UK.
TARA Mobile SatNav’s features include;
– Full turn by turn navigation
– Maps that automatically zoom in and out as a junction approaches
– Voice commands spoken by TARA
– Hands free use whilst driving
– Continue the navigation when you leave the car
– Traffic avoidance
– European road network coverage
– Up to date maps
– Nearest POI (Point of Interest)
– Full address search, house number and street
– 7 Digit Post Codes, i.e. TW16 7EF
It is no longer necessary to purchase expensive hardware or annual licences for your Satellite Navigation system, use TARA Mobile SatNav with a compatible mobile phone and a GPS receiver for an affordable solution